101 Candy Apple Treats
More than 101 candy and caramel apple recipes, from quick toppings to gourmet presentation. There’s even a few cocktails to sip while you dip.
I didn’t try my first candy apple until I was in college, but not for lack of trying. I remember childhood trips to the state fair and begging my parents for one of the caramel-enrobed orbs hanging with the pastel puffs of cotton candy. “You’ll break your teeth,” they told me, and bought me cotton candy instead.
Candy apples: My forbidden fruit. The first one I ever tried was smothered in sticky caramel and drizzled with chocolate, and it was divine. I’m hooked now. And I still have all my teeth.
Here’s a basic method for you to follow when making candy apples. And here are more than 101 ways to enjoy your candy apples:
Toppings for days
A little nutty
Crazy for caramel
Drizzles & dips
36. Birthday cake: white chocolate + rainbow sprinkles
37. Salted caramel and buttered popcorn
38. Triple chocolate
39. Dark chocolate + sea salt
40. Bourbon caramel + pecans
41. Salted Turtles: Milk chocolate + pecans
42. S’mores: Marshmallows + graham cracker crumbs
43. Chocolate on chocolate
49. Caramel Green Apple Chips
50. Homemade Caramel Apple Dip
51. Healthy Candy Apple Wedges
52. Cream Cheese Toffee Apple Dip
53. Vegan Caramel Apple Dipping Sauce
54. Caramel Apple Puppy Chow
55. Candy Apple Cookies
Drink it up
59. Caramel Apple Jell-O Shots
60. Caramel Apple Sangria
61. Cinnamon Candy Apple Mini Pousse Cafés
62. Caramel Apple Moonshine
63. Caramel Apple Martini
64. Cinnamon Candy Apple Cocktails
65. Caramel Apple Cider
66. Bloody Candy Apple Milkshakes
67. Caramel Apple Milkshake
68. Snow White’s “Poisoned” Toffee Apple
69. Bloody Candy Apples
70. Cinnamon Caramel Apple Pumpkins
71. Spiderweb Caramel Chocolate Apples
72. Vampire Candy Apples
73. Spooky Black Caramel Apples
74. Witchy Caramel Apples
Piece of cake
Ha ha ha! We couldn’t stop at 101! Here are bonus apples, just because we love yah!
Oh, and here are 10 Candy Bar Toppings for your Candy Apples. Just cuz we’re crazy like that. Happy Halloween!
This article originally appeared in October 2015 and was revised and republished in September 2016.