101 Popcorn Toppings, from Basic to Insane
Buttered Popcorn is so boring. Try out one of these 101 Creative Popcorn Toppings on your next movie night.
Every movie night deserves a bowl of popcorn. Why not dress it up with something different each time? We compiled a list of 101 popcorn toppings to make movie nights even tastier. Whether you prefer your popcorn sweet or savory or both, there is definitely a popcorn recipe here for you.
The very basics
2. Sprinkle with cheese powder.
3. Stir in a bit of truffle oil.
4. Toss with cinnamon sugar.
6. Toss with olive oil and sea salt.
7. Add splash of balsamic vinegar.
8. Cover with melted butter.
10. Douse it in melted white chocolate.
11. Drizzle on some melted dark chocolate.
12. Grind black pepper over top.
Butter it up
14. Brown your butter.
15. Dairy free? Try melted goat butter.
16. Sauté butter with minced garlic.
17. Douse popcorn with duck fat or bacon fat.
Throw in some herbs
19. Add a little rosemary.
20. Add dill weed and celery salt.
21. Shake on dried oregano.
23. Sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon.
24. Stir in some basil pesto.
25. Throw in some fresh cilantro.
Put your spice rack to work
26. Buffalo Popcorn
27. Add garlic powder.
29. Reach for the taco seasoning.
31. Toss with chili powder.
32. Toss with paprika.
Make it spicy
34. Toss with cayenne pepper.
A little fruit will keep the doctor away?
38. Drizzle with fresh lime juice.
39. Add citrus zest.
41. Sprinkle in some raisins.
42. Or dried cranberries (drizzle with melted chocolate and let it cool if you want popcorn and dried fruit clumps).
Eat it for dinner (we won’t tell)
44. Pizza Popcorn
46. BBQ Popcorn
Popcorn is for breakfast, right?
49. Stir in cocoa powder, brown sugar and chai spices.
51. Popcorn Dipped in Egg (yes, really. This is insane and a must must must try!)
55. Pumpkin pie popcorn — add pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar!
Or try kettle corn!
Always add chocolate
71. Frozen Popcorn
Sweet like candy
75. Add M&Ms, raisins, nuts and cereal for a twist on trail mix.
77. Snickers Popcorn
Top with caramel goodness
82. Caramel Corn
86. Make a Basic Caramel Corn and then sprinkle with sea salt for salted caramel popcorn.
Sprinkle on popcorn as the topping
Popcorn around the world
92. Canadian: Popcorn poutine? Sprinkle hot popcorn with shredded cheese then dip in beef gravy.
93. Creole/cajun: Add creole or cajun seasoning.
95. French: Toss with Herbes de Provence and butter.
96. Hawaiian: Toss with coconut flakes.
97. Indian: Sprinkle in some curry spices.
98. Italian: Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
99. Japanese: Pour on the fiery wasabi powder.
100. Thai: Add a few dashes of sriracha.
101. American: Toss with a packet of ranch dressing powder and butter.
We dare you to try to come up with more ideas. Delicious popcorn links and all your scintillating popcorn thoughts are welcome below.