Adobo Chicken Breasts
Adobo sauce brings chicken alive in a marinade that takes only one hour.
Do you know about adobo sauce? If you go to the Mexican section of your grocery store, look for little cans of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce. Buy one. Take it home. Open it. Taste the sauce. Just a tiny bit! It’s hot! But it’s also got this amazing smoky flavor. I add it to all kinds of things, like chili and dips, pasta sauces, taco fillings, and to marinades, which is what I’m sharing with you today.
This marinade doesn’t have much of the adobo sauce so the chicken doesn’t end up super-spicy. It just gets a bit of pique and some of that nice smoke flavor. I think you’re going to really like it.
Spicy Marinated Chicken Breasts
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 25 minutes
- 2/3 cup vegetable or grape seed oil
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. adobo sauce (look for a can of chipotles in adobo. Use the sauce that the peppers are packed in)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Line a large bowl with a large open ziptop bag. Measure vegetable oil, lime juice, brown sugar, adobo sauce and salt into the bag. Stir. Add chicken. Seal and refrigerate one hour.
- Preheat oven to 425⁰F. Pour off the marinade and put chicken on a baking sheet. Bake until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165⁰F, 20-25 minutes.