Freezer Meal: Pork Chops with Balsamic Mushroom Sauce
These pork chops are perfect for a date-night at home. It’s all about the balsamic mushroom sauce. Oh, and that you make it all ahead so that you can talk and sip together.
Freezer meals aren’t just for busy weeknights with the family. They can also be used to make date nights at home easy and stress-free.
For this date-worthy dinner, the pork is pre-seared and the mushroom sauce is pre-mixed and pre-simmered. Fast forward to date night, and you cook both for 7-8 minutes. That’s it. That’s all.
Add a tossed salad and some quick-cooking couscous. There you have it, date night in a flash!
Pork Chops with Balsamic Mushroom Sauce
Yield: 4 servings
- Dredge pork chops in flour to coat and reserve remaining flour.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear pork chops for about 2 minutes each side, then remove to a plate.
- Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil to pan and reduce heat to medium. Add onions and bell peppers and saute about 5 minutes until they begin to soften. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute another 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together reserved flour, beef broth, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Add broth mixture to the pan and stir scraping the bottom of the pan. Place pork chops (and any juices from the plate) in the broth and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium low, and cook pork 10 minutes, turning half way through cooking time. Sprinkle with parsley.