Truffle Pops For Valentine’s Day
Truffle Pops are filled with ganache and coated in chocolate. Move over Cake Pops, there’s a new pop in town!
Cake pops are fun, but do you know what’s even better? Truffle pops.
These are great giveaways for parties or cute little treats to have around the house. They can be made ahead (always a plus in a busy lifestyle), and keep for about a week in the fridge. However these were barely able to survive the hour, they are just that good.
Before starting this recipe make sure to take a look at our tempering chocolate guide. It’ll be helpful when it comes to dipping the truffles. This recipe uses our basic firm ganache ratio 2:1 which is cooled and rolled just like our rolled truffles, minus the powdered sugar.
Make sure that the truffles are very firm before dipping them. I rolled my truffles into balls, added the stick, then let the truffles chill in the refrigerator for over 30 minutes before dipping into the chocolate. Since the truffle is already cold, the chocolate will harden almost instantly, creating a shell around the ganache.
If it seems that your chocolate is beginning to cool, which might be because you’re dipping cold ganache into it, you can heat it up in the microwave for about 10 seconds, making sure to not bring the temperature above 86°F. Any higher than that you lose your temper, and your actual temper too!
Yield: 20 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hour for chilling
- 6 oz heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 10 sticks (popsicle sticks are fine)
- 2 cups tempered chocolate (see how here)
- sprinkles to decorate
- wax paper
- In bowl, microwave in 30 second increments, the heavy cream until it is nearly boiling, around 200°F.
- Add the chocolate to the cream and stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth. Chill in fridge for at least an hour for the ganache to set.
- Roll the ganache into 1-inch small rounds and place the stick in the middle. Chill for 15 minutes to set.
- Dip pops in tempered chocolate and place on wax paper. Immediately decorate with sprinkles. Let the chocolate set before serving.