Chicken Parmesan in the air fryer is amazing. Nice and crispy breaded chicken topped with sauce and cheese. It tastes just like the oven baked classic but you don’t have to heat up the oven or wait as long for it to cook.
This particular recipe for Chicken Parmesan is amazing because it uses minimal oil, no flour, and no frying, yet it still delivers a crispy breadcrumb coating with sauce and melted mozzarella on top.
How To Make Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
The chicken is made following our Baked Chicken Cutlets method, which uses a combination of egg whites and Dijon mustard to make the breadcrumb mixture stick. It doesn’t even need flour, which keeps it nice and light.
Instead of baking the chicken in the oven, it gets cooked to perfection in the air fryer. If you’ve never cooked chicken in the air fryer before, it’s magical (and incredibly quick). If your air fryer is on the smaller side, you’ll need to cook in a few batches.
Once you’ve got this recipe down, you’re going to want to try our other air fryer chicken recipes like Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Kebabs, Air Fryer Chicken Quesadillas and Air Fryer Chicken Cordon Bleu. If you aren’t already an air fryer pro, you’ll be one in no time. You might even wonder how you ever got dinner on the table without it!Print
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 and ¼ cups plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup marinara sauce
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- In small shallow bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, vegetable oil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the egg whites and Dijon mustard.
- Dredge chicken in egg mixture and then the breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken in the air fryer and spray the top with oil. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, then turn. Top with 1 tablespoon sauce and 1 ounce mozzarella cheese and cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. If using a smaller air fryer, you will need to cook in batches.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.