Air Fryer Meatballs are the way to go when you want a perfectly crispy on the outside, soft on the inside meatball without a ton of excess grease.
Tips For Cooking Meatballs In The Air Fryer
Don’t over mix the ingredients.
If you over mix the meatball mixture it changes the texture of them and somehow makes them not quite as appetizing.
Use breadcrumbs to help bind them together.
Not only do breadcrumbs act as a filler and binder, but they help keep moisture in the meatball. I know. It seems counter-intuitive but they soak up the extra liquid and fat in a meatball and keep all that flavor locked inside instead of dripping out as it cooks.
Eggs are also an important ingredient because they act as a binder for meatballs. There’s nothing like making a batch of meatballs only to have them all fall apart while they’re cooking. Don’t worry. Your meatballs won’t end up tasting like eggs.
Ensure the meatballs don’t touch each other while they cook.
You want to be sure the heated air of the air fryer is able to circulate around all sides of the meatball so each one cooks evenly.
How long do they take?
How far apart do you need to set them?
How many can you fit?
In a medium-sized air fryer, you can fit about 16 meatballs in one batch without having them too crowded in the basket.
Do you need to spray them with oil?
Do they brown well?
They do! Since the air fryer is circulating the air all around the meatballs, they get nice and brown on all sides without having to flip them.Print
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the mixture to shape into 1 inch balls and set them aside. Continue until all meatballs are prepared.
- Spray the basket with cooking spray. Place meatballs in basket ensuring that they don’t touch. Cook for 9-11 minutes. Repeat with remaining batches. Serve warm.