- 4 russet potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream, to top
- 4 green onion tops, chopped
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Clean potatoes and poke holes in each potato with a fork, 5 – 6 times. Place potatoes on a plate and microwave the potatoes for 5 minutes. Flip, then cook for an additional 5 minutes. If a fork doesn’t go into the potato easily after the second time in the microwave, continue cooking for additional 1 minute increments until cooked through.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out about half the potato. Set scooped potato aside.
- Spray inside and outside of scooped out potato with cooking spray and season lightly with salt.
- Place 4 of the halves in the basket, skin side down, and crisp up a bit, cooking for 6-8 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheddar and bacon bits and cook until the cheese melts and the bacon gets warm, another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and sprinkle green onion on top. Serve warm.