Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips are going to be your family’s new favorite snack. They only take a few ingredients and are so good.
Do you need to peel the potatoes?
Why do you need to soak the sweet potato slices before putting them in the Air Fryer?
Soaking the sweet potato slices helps remove excess starch to ensure that your sweet potato chips are crispy. It takes a little extra time, but once you have a bite of crispy sweet potato chips, you’ll know it was worth it.
Be sure to dry off the slices so they don’t have excess water on them when frying. This will ensure that any extra water doesn’t steam the potato and that the oil can stick to the potato.
How should you cut the potatoes?
What should you season the sweet potato chips with?
How do you ensure the sweet potato chips remain crispy after cooking?
The air circulation from cooling them on a rack and keeping them in a single layer will allow the heat (steam) to escape rather get trapped in the layers. If they are layered together with no air flow under them the extra steam would make your chips soft. No one wants soggy chips.
- 1 sweet potato, unpeeled and sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat air fryer 360°F.
- Soak sliced sweet potatoes in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potato slices with olive oil.
- Coat the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Lay out one layer of sliced sweet potatoes in the basket.
- Cook for 15 minutes, flipping each sweet potato when there are 5 minutes of cook-time left.
- Season with salt as soon as they come out of the air fryer.
- Set aside on a rack in a single layer while cooking the rest of the batches.