- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- ¼–½ tsp. strong prepared horseradish*
- ⅛ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 2 ripe avocados, each cut in half with pit removed
- 20 cooked, peeled tail-on extra large shrimp (that’s about 3/4 lb. of 26/30 count shrimp)
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a small bowl combine the ketchup, lime juice, horseradish, cumin, and chili powder.
- Place an avocado half onto each of 4 plates, cut side up. Spoon a tablespoon or so of the ketchup sauce into the whole left by the pit in each avocado half.
- Surround each avocado half with 5 of the shrimp. Serve with tortilla chips.
*In my experience, the horseradish that is sold in the refrigerated section near the refrigerated pickles is much better (more potent and more flavor) than the horseradish that is sold at room temperature.