- 2 and 1/2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil and allow it to heat.
- Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked onions and garlic, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add the turkey and mix well with your hands, but don’t overmix as that can make the meatballs tough.
- When everything is mixed together, take about 2 tablespoons of the meat and roll into a meatball. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining meat.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Turn on the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes to brown more, if desired.