- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cooked farro (learn how to cook it here)
- 4 cups unsalted beef broth or stock
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- Heat the oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery and onion. Cook until softened, 4-5 minutes. Add the beef, salt and pepper. Cook until browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the farro, beef broth and diced tomatoes. Increase heat to high until it reaches a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if desired.