- 16 oz. medium egg noodles
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 and ½ lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups frozen corn, defrosted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the noodles according to package directions. While they cook, prepare the sauce as follows.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the beef.
- Stir in the chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally until meat is cooked through, 5-7 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- To a 13 x 11 cake pan, add the beef mixture, tomato sauce, corn and drained noodles. Stir to combine.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.