- 1 Tbsp. mayonnaise (or use softened butter)
- 2 slices of white crusty bakery bread (hand-sliced medium-thick, sourdough, or Italian bread)
- 2 Tbsp. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 oz. smoked Gouda cheese, sliced
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread. Flip them over. Spread both with cream cheese. Onto one slice, sprinkle the Monterey Jack. Top with slices of gouda and then invert the other bread onto it such that the cream cheese is against the gouda.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Put sandwich in skillet. Use a spatula to check underneath ever minute or so to make sure the toast isn’t browning too quickly. You need it to take a few minutes so that the cheese has time to melt. Cook until underside is toasted, 3-4 minutes. Flip sandwich over and cook until underside is toasted and cheese is very melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer sandwich to cutting board and cut on the diagonal.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!