Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake is the perfect shortcut dessert for summer and our tips make it better than ever.
When you don’t have time to make shortcake from scratch, this shortcut recipe is just what you need. We promise it won’t lack in flavor but it sure will save on time and effort. It’s everything you want in a strawberry shortcake – flaky, fresh, loaded with whipped cream, and studded with strawberries.
Strawberry Shortcake In Less Time
Our trick is boosting the flavor of the shortcake by adding some vanilla and sugar to the Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix. Once it’s done baking, top each shortcake with strawberries and whipped cream, and no one will even know this recipe only took you about 20 minutes to whip up.
Pair it with a Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing and you won’t even mind that your family asks for it every night.Print
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup and 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups Bisquick Pancake and Baking Mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/2 cups whipped cream
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Add the chopped strawberries to a bowl with 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Set aside to let the strawberry juices release.
- Combine the Bisquick, the remaining sugar, milk, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix well until combined; the mixture will be sticky. Drop the batter onto a baking sheet to make 6 discs, using about 1/4 cup for each shortcake.
- Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until the shortcakes are golden brown on the top. When the shortcakes are cool, slice them in half.
- Fill the middle with whipped cream and strawberries and put the top half on top of the filling.
- Finish the shortcakes off with the remaining whipped cream and strawberries, dividing the whipped cream and strawberries evenly between all of the shortcakes.
This post originally appeared in June 2018 and was revised and republished in April 2022.