- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- ½ cup peeled and diced apples
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup apple cider
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 cup roughly chopped jarred cooked whole roasted chestnuts
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and apples. Season with salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes until apples are slightly tender.
- Add apple cider. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 10-12 minutes until Brussels sprouts are tender. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When Brussels sprouts are tender stir in chestnuts and melted butter mixture and gently toss to coat. Season with additional salt to taste if desired. Serve immediately.