You won’t believe how the simple addition of brown sugar to simple carrots makes them taste so amazing. You’re sure to add Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots to your weekly meal rotation.
Roasted Balsamic Root Vegetables are a favorite easy side dish around here so be sure to check it out, but sometimes you want something even faster. We’ve got that covered with this simple one veggie dish. Brown sugar and carrots are two things that just belong together. The sweetness from the brown sugar and crunch from the carrots make an irresistible combo that your family will request over and over.
To cut down on prep time you can definitely make this dish using baby carrots. It’s a real lifesaver on busy evenings. However, switching things up and using full grown carrots is a great way to have the easiest side dish to ever grace your holiday table (and the presentation is gorgeous). Just be sure to thoroughly cover the greens in oil when cooking to make sure they don’t brown too much.
If you run out of room in the oven making them for your holiday dinner, another way to cook this is by braising the carrots. They may need to be cut a little smaller to fit in a pan but choose a wide-bottomed pan with high sides. All you have to do is melt the butter with the brown sugar and combine. Add in the carrots and cover so the carrots are both cooking in the fat of the butter as well as steaming from the evaporation of the carrots themselves. Just be sure to stir occasionally so your carrots don’t burn.Print
- 1 bunch carrots (approximately 1 lb.), peeled and washed with most of the green cut off
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place peeled carrots onto baking sheet and pour olive oil over the carrots. Use your hands or a basting brush to ensure all of the carrots and remaining greens are covered as well.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the carrots are baking, melt butter in a small bowl. Add in brown sugar and mix together until combined. When the 20 minutes are done, remove carrots from oven. Spread brown sugar mixture over the carrots evenly. Bake for an additional 5 minutes. Serve immediately.