- 1 French baguette (about 10 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 lb. Roma tomatoes (about 4)
- 1/4 oz. fresh basil, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice baguette into thin slices.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Rub each slice with the cut end of a clove of garlic as soon as you remove from oven.
- Dice tomatoes and discard watery seeds.
- Gently toss tomatoes with olive oil and salt. Taste and add more salt if desired.
- Right before serving, thinly slice basil (chiffonade).
- Spoon tomato mixture onto crostini and top with a sprinkle of fresh basil.