Cheesy. Creamy. Spicy. Buffalo Chicken Pasta. Bam!
If you love chicken wings, this pasta is perfect for you. It has that distinct buffalo chicken flavor but you won’t need a pile of napkins to enjoy it. And talk about easy…once you have the pasta cooked and the cheese melted, it comes together in a flash.
The creamy cheese base compliments the tangy Buffalo wing sauce to satisfy even the most die-hard wing enthusiast. Plus we can’t talk about buffalo chicken without blue cheese. The addition of blue cheese crumbles takes the dish to the next level. So much flavor!
The spice level is mild but if you are looking for more fire, feel free to add extra wing sauce or garnish with a generous sprinkling of red pepper flakes at the end. It is worth mentioning that this recipe calls for Buffalo wing sauce which is a bit more mellow than hot sauce. Read about the difference between hot sauce and wing sauce here.
This dish can stand alone as a meal, which makes it a winner when you’re looking for a well-rounded meal to satisfy your Buffalo chicken cravings. It would also be a real crowd-pleaser at your next potluck or tailgate!
- 1 lb. dry penne pasta
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup Colby jack shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (cook 1 lb. of chicken and shred)
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- Chopped green onion, cilantro, and red pepper flakes for garnish
- Cook pasta per instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, combine cream cheese, milk, shredded cheese, and wing sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently and cook until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add shredded chicken and cooked pasta to cheese mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Turn on broiler.
- Place pasta mixture in a 9-x-13″ casserole dish and sprinkle blue cheese and panko bread crumbs over the top.
- Place under broiler until breadcrumbs start to brown (about 5 minutes). Watch closely to avoid burning.
- Serve warm and top with desired garnishes such as diced green onion, chopped cilantro, red pepper flakes or extra wing sauce.