Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Pizza or wings? Decisions, decisions. Don’t pick one. Make pizza with buffalo chicken. Dilemma solved!
Pizza (n.) – a dish made of flattened bread dough usually topped with tomato sauce and cheese and often meat and vegetables and baked. Buffalo Chicken Pizza (n.) – a dish made of flattened bread dough topped with ranch dressing, buffalo chicken, lots of cheese and baked. AKA your new favorite meal.
Have you ever wondered what the secret is to buffalo chicken wings from your favorite bar? Why are they so good and why can I not recreate that same flavor at home? Well, it is your lucky day because I have the answer.
Butter. I’m pretty sure “just add butter” is the answer to life’s hardest questions.
Restaurants toss the chicken wings in melted butter and buffalo sauce to create that finger-licking flavor and we’re doing the same on this pizza! (Let’s just pretend this is healthy…) Using premade pizza crust makes this recipe come together in a snap. After a quick pre-bake of the crust, the pizza is topped with the buffalo chicken and lots of cheese. It is put back into the oven until the crust begins to brown and the cheese melts. Sprinkle on a little sliced green onion if you’re feeling guilty about not adding vegetables and dig in! Oh and maybe eat it with a salad.
And here’s a bonus for you. If you’re trying to recreate some actual restaurant wings at home but want it to be no-fuss, you’ve gotta check out our incredibly crispy baked wings. They use a special ingredient to get them crisp. Our fancified buffalo sauce is pretty sublime too.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 package premade pizza dough
- 1 and ½ cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- 2 oz. sliced provolone
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- Preheat oven to 400⁰F.
- Roll out pizza dough on floured surface and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, toss cubed chicken with buffalo sauce and butter.
- Spread ranch dressing over pizza dough. Add chicken and drizzle leftover sauce from the bowl over pizza.
- Add provolone and mozzarella. Bake for 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust begins to brown.
- Sprinkle with green onions. Enjoy!