Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers (Sign Me Up!!)
Wing sauce, chicken, ranch dressing, carrots and celery – but it’s not wing night. It’s stuffed pepper night! You are not going to believe how delicious these are. Or how easy they are to make.
Hot sauce and chicken go together like Fall and football. That’s probably why wings are such a tailgating favorite. However, their messy attributes (wet-naps anyone?) are less than desirable.
We’ve devised a recipe that allows you to have your chicken and keep your hands clean too. A bell pepper is the perfect edible bowl to contain the messy saucy chicken. The carrot and celery go right in the stuffing! How cool is that? Oh, and we added cheese. Because you can’t have a stuffed pepper without cheese.
A great thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to pre-cook the filling before stuffing. The pepper halves are shallow enough that the chicken in there cooks through in the time it takes the pepper to soften. Game day has never been so easy!
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 tsp. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 Tbsp. buffalo wing sauce
- 2 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- 4 bell peppers, each cut in half from stem to base, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl toss the chicken with the flour and salt. Add the carrots, celery, 1/2 cup of the cheese, the wing sauce and the ranch dressing.
- Place the pepper halves on a large rimmed baking sheet. Divide the chicken mixture among the peppers. Top each pepper with 1 tablespoon of the remaining cheese.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and peppers have achieved desired softness, 30-40 minutes.
Video by Leigh Olson. Photos, article and recipe by Christine Pittman.