Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potatoes combine two favorite appetizers – buffalo chicken dip and loaded potato skins. The result is absolutely delicious as an appetizer or an entree.
Flavorful buffalo chicken filling pairs perfectly with the mild flavor of a baked potato – especially white potatoes – to make a hearty dish every buffalo chicken fan will love.
What wing sauce should you use?
This is totally up to you. If you’re interested in making your own, you should try our classic Buffalo Wing Sauce. If you don’t have all the ingredients or are looking to save a little time, definitely buy your favorite. If you don’t have a favorite yet, Frank’s Hot Buffalo sauce is one of my favorites.
How should you cook the potatoes?
There are a few different ways you can cook the potato beforehand. It mostly depends on how long you want to take to prepare them. If you’re short on time, here’s how to bake potatoes in the microwave.
If you have more time to spend on baking the potatoes, try using your Air Fryer for Baked Potatoes. There’s also a good old-fashioned baked potato if you don’t have an air fryer. Be sure to learn how to bake potatoes in the oven if you haven’t already!
What else can you make for those who don’t like buffalo sauce?
These Best Baked Potato Skins are a great option for those people who don’t love buffalo sauce or spicy dishes. Just bake a few extra potatoes and top them with some cheese, bacon, sour cream, and green onions.
How should you cook the chicken?
There’s a few ways you can cook the chicken for this dish depending on what you have on hand or the time you want to spend making them.
- You can make slow cooker shredded chicken.
- Bake the chicken in the oven alongside the potatoes.
- Use a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat.
- Buy precooked grilled chicken slices.
How long does it take to assemble the potatoes?
Not long at all! As soon as you have the potatoes baked and the middles scooped out, the filling comes together in under 10 minutes. Just assemble the potato you scooped out, shredded chicken, cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce, and spices then place back in the potato. You’ll want to finish them by heating them up in the oven to melt the cheese.Print
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potatoes
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Potatoes combine two favorite appetizers – buffalo chicken dip and loaded potato skins. The result is absolutely delicious as an appetizer or entree.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 3 russet potatoes, baked
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus additional to top
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Diced green onion, to top
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Cut baked potatoes in half and scoop out most of the potato from the middle.
- Mix together potato filling with butter, shredded cheddar, sour cream, cooked chicken, buffalo wing sauce, salt, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Fill the potatoes with the mixture and top with a little bit shredded cheddar.
- Bake in the oven at 450°F. until everything is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion and serve.
Leave a Reply