Buffalo Chicken Tenders are a classic, but this recipe is for the ultimate baked buffalo chicken tender, with a secret ingredient. You’re going to fall in love with these!
Don’t you love a food craze? You know, an ingredient becomes instantly popular, and it seems like everyone is making it constantly. You see it everywhere, on restaurant menus, Pinterest, and those mouth-watering videos on Facebook. It seems like after a few months or years, the fad passes and everyone moves on to something else delicious. Well, not buffalo chicken. Thankfully it’s too delicious that no one has moved on yet!
These Buffalo Chicken Tenders are baked, but are still super good, thanks to two different kinds of bread crumbs. I throw a secret ingredient into the bread crumbs (dry ranch seasoning!) to get extra flavor into the chicken. Ranch and buffalo sauce go together like peanut butter and jelly, so you will love the tangy but subtle flavor it adds.
Serve these tenders with celery and carrots and a dollop of your favorite creamy dressing and you have the perfect meal. Are you team ranch or team blue cheese?
- ½ cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. dry ranch seasoning
- 6 chicken tenderloins
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup hot sauce, use your favorite brand
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl or plate, stir together the two types of bread crumbs. In a separate container, whisk together the egg and water. In a third container, stir together the flour and ranch seasoning.
- Dip each tender first into the flour mixture and then in the egg mixture and finally in the breadcrumbs. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes, then flip, and bake another 8 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown and internal temperature is 165F.
- While chicken is cooking, put butter in a large microwave-safe bowl. Put in microwave for 15 seconds at at time until melted.
- To the butter add the hot sauce and the garlic powder.
- When chicken is done cooking, remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute so the breadcrumbs can crisp up. Add chicken to the sauce and toss gently to coat. Serve immediately with ranch dressing on the side for dipping.