If you want to enjoy breadsticks without consuming a ton of carbohydrates then you’ve met your perfect recipe! These ones use cauliflower rice instead of flour so they’re healthy and gluten-free.
Using cauliflower rice to make these breadsticks was so fun! The cool thing about this recipe is that you’re getting added nutrition from the cauliflower and some protein from the cheese. You could also easily turn this recipe into a cauliflower crust and make a pizza out of it as well.
A crucial step to making this is removing the excess water from the cauliflower before you bake it. No one wants soggy breadsticks! To do so, put the cooked cauliflower rice in a clean kitchen towel, wrap it up and then twist the towel and squeeze and squeeze.
These cauliflower breadsticks are great for an appetizer with friends or family or just a night in with your girlfriends. The garlicky flavor with the ooey gooey cheese is just too good not to share with others. Hope you can enjoy these low-carb cauliflower breadsticks soon.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1 and 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper chili flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/8 tsp. turmeric
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- Parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Rinse cauliflower and cut into florets. Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until it reaches a rice like texture. See other ways to make riced cauliflower here.
- Microwave the cauliflower rice for 8 minutes and then let it cool for 10-15 minutes. Once cooled, you will want to remove excess water from the cauliflower using a cheesecloth or thin dish towel. Once liquid is squeezed out you’ll be left with a ball of cauliflower.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the cauliflower with the eggs, 1 cup mozzarella, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic salt, oregano and turmeric.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and press the cauliflower mixture onto the sheet in a rectangle shape. Bake this for about 15-18 minutes, then top with the remaining 3/4 cup cheese and bake for another 5. You can broil for 1-2 minutes as well to achieve the golden brown cheese look.
- Slice breadsticks and top with fresh parsley. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.