- 16 ounces whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 1 can (16 oz.) low-sodium chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 and ½ tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, but add chickpeas during last 1 minute of cooking. Drain and return to pot.
- Place cauliflower in bowl, cover loosely with microwave-safe lid and microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes, or until very soft.
- Place cauliflower, kale, parsley, garlic, walnuts, olive oil, lemon juice and salt in food processor. Purée, adding up to ½ cup water to achieve smooth consistency.
- Mix pasta with desired amount of pesto and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Kids.