Who loves tater tots? We do! So today we’re switching things up and using cauliflower rice and cheese in our tots. Oh yeah.
Everyone loves tater tots, right? Well, we’ve been telling you how to use riced cauliflower as a substitute for carbohydrates (check out this cauliflower mash and this cauliflower pizza crust).Tots are a great place to push that cauliflower substitution thing even further. Make up some homemade tater tots but use riced cauliflower instead of potato. They’re adorable and kids seriously love them.
This recipe is from Produce For Kids. Thanks for letting us share it, guys! We <3 you!
- 16 oz. riced cauliflower (store-bought or find out how to make your own here)
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 24-cup mini muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place cauliflower in microwave safe bowl with water and microwave on HIGH 4 minutes. Let cool. Transfer cauliflower to kitchen towel and wring out excess water.
- Mix cauliflower, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder in large bowl. Scoop evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes.