- ½ cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups and 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar, divided
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. shortening
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the peanut butter and butter then mix in the vanilla. Finally, stir in 2 cups sugar.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Pat the cherries dry with a paper towel. Lightly dust with powdered sugar. Wrap each cherry with a rounded teaspoon of dough, rolling it into a ball.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a double-boiler, melt together the chocolate chips and shortening. Holding each cherry by the stem, gently dip into the melted chocolate to coat. Place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, until firm. Store in the refrigerator.