- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 8 oz. can of water chestnuts, finely diced
- 5 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili sauce
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium-sized skillet or fry pan over medium to high heat. Add the chicken and onion, and cook for 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Use a wooden spoon to break up the chicken into smaller chunks.
- Stir in water chestnuts, ginger, and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Combine the Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and chili sauce and stir well.
- Pour sauce into the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Spoon chicken into washed lettuce leaves, garnish with green onions and serve.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!