Need an easy weeknight dinner? We have you covered with this chicken parmesan baked pasta.
You have pasta and marinara in your pantry, right? Well, things just got extra flavorful in your kitchen with this Chicken Parmesan Baked Pasta. Whether you’re in need of a middle-of-the-week dinner or have last minute company coming over, pulling this together is easy peasy.
All you need is pasta, marinara sauce, cheese (lots of cheese!) and leftover cooked chicken. Heaven knows, we sometimes have no idea what to do with that leftover chicken, do we? This recipe will save the day! Once you cook the pasta, you can toss it in a bowl with the chicken, cheese, and sauce. Add to a baking dish, top with breadcrumbs, more cheese (duh) and bake. You’ll be a gourmet hero in no time.
Oooo oooo oooo…before I forget, if you’re looking for another amazing pasta bake, you’ve gotta check out this Buffalo Chicken Pasta. It’s so good!Print
- 1 (16 oz.) box rigatoni pasta
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (24 oz.) jar of marinara sauce, divided
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, plus more for topping
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven at 375°F.
- Cook pasta according to package’s instructions. Drain.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a baking dish. Spread it around. Set aside.
- Add pasta to a large bowl. Toss with chicken, remaining marinara sauce, mozzarella, and Parmesan.
- Add pasta mixture, smooth it out and then top with a sprinkle more of mozzarella and then the breadcrumbs. Spray breadcrumbs lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake in the oven until heated through and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes. Top with fresh basil and more Parmesan cheese, if desired.