When chicken parm and a bun love each other very much … delicious sliders are born.
Sliders are probably the best thing to happen to the burger since… well, the creation of the burger! And Chicken Parmesan is definitely the best thing to happen to Italian food since… well, maybe pizza.
It’s undeniable, burgers and Chicken Parmesan are each delicious on their own, but when they’re mashed together, it’s downright delectable.
Perfectly crisp fried chicken, nestled in a soft miniature bun, piled with melty cheese and topped with garlicky tomato sauce. Downright delectable, right?! Oh did we mention it’s all topped with garlic, Parmesan butter? Yeahhhh. There’s that, too.
These babies couldn’t be simpler, and they’re a total home run for entertaining. Fry the chicken, assemble the slider, and forget about them in the oven for 25 minutes – BOOM, easy and impressive when guests are around.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd and will quickly become a family favorite. Promise!Print
- 1 large chicken breast (about .5 lbs.)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. oregano, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 potato slider buns
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut chicken breast in half, butterflying it, and then cut each half into thirds, yielding 6 pieces of chicken.
- Measure flour into a bowl, crack and whisk an egg into a second bowl, and combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of oregano and salt in a third bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Bread the chicken by dipping first into the flour, then into the egg, and finally into the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Once all of the chicken is coated, add olive oil to the hot pan and swirl it until it shimmers. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until it has a golden crust and is cooked all the way through. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lay the bottom half of the rolls into the pan. On each bun put ½ slice of cheese, 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, a piece of chicken, an additional teaspoon of pizza sauce, and the remaining ½ of a cheese slice. Add the top of the bun.
- Melt the butter and stir in the Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of oregano. Drizzle that on top of the sliders, cover with foil, and place into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover and bake for an additional 8 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve while still hot.