- 1 large chicken breast (about .5 lbs.)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. oregano, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 potato slider buns
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut chicken breast in half, butterflying it, and then cut each half into thirds, yielding 6 pieces of chicken.
- Measure flour into a bowl, crack and whisk an egg into a second bowl, and combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon of oregano and salt in a third bowl.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Bread the chicken by dipping first into the flour, then into the egg, and finally into the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Once all of the chicken is coated, add olive oil to the hot pan and swirl it until it shimmers. Add chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side, or until it has a golden crust and is cooked all the way through. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lay the bottom half of the rolls into the pan. On each bun put ½ slice of cheese, 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce, a piece of chicken, an additional teaspoon of pizza sauce, and the remaining ½ of a cheese slice. Add the top of the bun.
- Melt the butter and stir in the Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, and the remaining 1 teaspoon of oregano. Drizzle that on top of the sliders, cover with foil, and place into the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, uncover and bake for an additional 8 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and serve while still hot.