- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, from the can
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce, from the can
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, slices
- ½ onion, sliced
- 1 and ½ cup water
- ¾ cup white rice
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
Pico de Gallo
- 1 beefsteak tomato, diced (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 lime, small
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 and ½ cups black beans, heated through
- 1 cup frozen corn, cooked
- ¾ cup finely shredded Mexican cheese
- 6 Tbsp. sour cream
- Put chicken in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a blender, put garlic cloves, oil, cumin, oregano, salt, adobo chipotle, and adobo sauce. Blend until well combined.
- Pour over chicken and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange marinated chicken, bell peppers, and white onion on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Cut chicken into cubes.
- To make rice, in a medium pan, combine water, rice, butter, and salt. Cut lime in half and juice one half. Stir it into to the rice. Bring rice to a boil then lower the heat. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, juice remaining half of the lime then add it to the rice and mix in the cilantro.
- To make pico de gallo, in a medium bowl combine tomato, jalapeño, red onion, and cilantro. Season with salt.
- Cut the second lime in half and juice it then add it to the pico de gallo.
- To make your burrito bowl, start with a scoop of rice in the bottom of the bowl. Add black beans and cubed pieces of chicken with bell peppers and onion. Top it with pico de gallo, cooked corn, lettuce, Mexican cheese, and sour cream.