Best Chocolate Cheesecake
Chocoholics rejoice! We’ve got the best Chocolate Cheesecake recipe you’ll ever find.
Cheesecake is a dessert that everyone loves and it’s great for any occasion. But this cheesecake is for a true chocolaholic (or someone who wants to become one). Cheesecake doesn’t get much more indulgent than this(except maybe this Dulce de Leche Cheesecake, but I’m not going to get started swooning over that one again right now).
We start with a rich chocolate cookie crust and pair it with a velvety smooth and creamy chocolate cheesecake filling. Top it with whipped cream, sliced fruit or chocolate ganache if desired, but honestly, it’s pretty irresistible as-is. Just a warning, the chocolate lovers in your life will be begging you to make it again and again.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 18 cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a springform pan and wrap the outside of the pan in foil. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix crushed cookies, butter and sugar. Transfer to the pan and press evenly into the bottom using the bottom of a glass. Place the crust in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the crust is slightly brown around the edges. Remove from oven and let it cool.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and salt until combined and creamy. Stir in sour cream, melted chocolate and vanilla then mix until combined. Add one egg at a time and stir to combine. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour the cheesecake batter over the cooled crust.
- Transfer the springform pan to the middle of a large roasting pan. Carefully fill the roasting pan with about an inch of hot water. This will help the cheesecake remain creamy without cracks. Bake the cheesecake for 55-60 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven. The cheesecake is done when the outer rim looks set but the middle jiggles when you gently shake the pan. Let the cheesecake cool completely on a cooling rack. This step is crucial for achieving the perfect cheesecake. Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 72 hours.