Tips for Making No Bake Christmas Wreath Cookies
Use a greased measuring cup.
Rinse your hands often.
As you form the wreaths they’ll start to stick to your fingers, making a sticky mess. My tip to keep that from happening is to have a small dish of water next to you while you shape them. You’ll use your (clean!) fingers to form the hole in the center of each wreath. That marshmallow can be super sticky, but it won’t stick to your fingers if you keep them damp by re-wetting them in the little dish of water between each wreath.
Decorate your wreaths.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp green food coloring
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups cornflakes
- Red mini M+Ms, red hot candies, or maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir in the marshmallows and cook until melted. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the food coloring and vanilla until evenly colored. Fold in the cornflakes.
- Spray a ¼ cup measuring cup with cooking spray. Pack with the cornflake mixture, then turn out on the baking sheet. Use damp fingers to shape into a wreath, then decorate with candies.
- Repeat with remaining cornflake mixture.
- Let cool completely before removing from the parchment, about 30 minutes. Store at room temperature in an airtight container or freeze up to 6 weeks.
This post originally appeared in December 2019 and was revised and republished in December 2020.