- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and allow it to heat.
- Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the onions and garlic, breadcrumbs, eggs, whole milk, Parmesan cheese, parsley, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk everything together then add the beef and pork and mix well with a fork or your hands, incorporating everything evenly but do not overmix (it makes the meat tough).
- When everything is mixed together, take about 3 tablespoons of the meat and roll into large meatballs. Heat the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and turn the heat to medium low. Sauté the meatballs for 15 to 20 minutes, flipping them over occasionally. When they’re cooked through, remove from the heat and serve with desired sauce and pasta.