- 1 Vidalia onion
- 1 vegetable, chicken or beef bouillon cube
- 1–2 Tbsp. butter
- Peel your onion, leaving the root intact. If your onion sits level, you can leave it alone. If not, cut a thin slice off the root to create a flat bottom.
- Use a paring knife to cut a 1-inch deep cone into the top of the onion.
- Insert a vegetable, chicken, or beef bouillon cube into the hole.
- Fill the rest of the hole with butter, about 1-2 tablespoons. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the onion in a microwave-safe container and cover with a lid.
- Microwave on high until tender, about 6-8 minutes. Serve warm. Drizzle with the remaining liquid for extra flavor.