Corn Casserole is a traditional Southern recipe. This version also has sour cream and cheese, making it the most decadent savory corn casserole recipe out there.
Corn casserole is the centerpiece of many holiday meals. It’s made with canned corn, creamed corn, and cornbread mix and has a rich, custard-like texture and a delicious sweet-savory flavor that makes it the perfect side dish for roast meats like ham or prime rib.
For this truly decadent version, I add sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Bake everything together in a casserole dish until it’s browned and bubbling, then try your hardest to let it cool for 10 minutes before sneaking a bite. It’s definitely a test of patience, but it’s well worth it.
This basic corn casserole recipe really highlights the naturally sweet flavor of corn. To give it a more savory taste, you can mix in cooked and crumbled bacon, a can of green chiles, or some chopped green scallions.Print
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can creamed corn
- 1 (8.5 oz) box cornbread mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- Heat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 inch casserole dish.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until the center of the casserole is set and the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.