- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- ½ tsp. pepper, divided
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 and ½ lbs. chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ large onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, ½ teaspoon of the salt, ¼ teaspoon of the pepper, and garlic powder.
- Season chicken breast with seasoned flour and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add chicken pieces. Fry until golden brown on both sides, approximately 10 minutes total. Move fillets to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet. Add diced onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Stir in heavy whipping cream and bring to a simmer.
- Add chicken back into the sauce and simmer until the sauce is reduced and the chicken is cooked through. Be sure to check that the chicken is cooked through to 165°F with an instant read thermometer.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Serve warm.