- 2 to 3 medium ripe bananas (about 400 g after peeling)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar (165 g)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (280 g)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking oil then line it with a piece of parchment paper.
- Mash the bananas with a fork into a large bowl. You should have about 1 and ¾ cups of mashed bananas. Add the egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and nutmeg to the bowl and stir with a whisk to combine. Add the butter and repeat, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- Stir in the brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt with a large spatula. Add the flour and fold together until all the dry ingredients are absorbed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread the batter evenly. Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick or skewer inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes before grasping the sides of the parchment paper and lifting straight up to remove it from the pan. Move to the wire cooling rack, peel off the paper, and let the banana bread cool another 15 minutes further before serving warm or at room temperature.
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!