Put all the ingredients into a dish, cover and bake to make this super-easy Chicken Parmesan that is all done in one pot.
Who doesn’t love a really easy and versatile meal? That’s exactly what this Easy Chicken Parmesan is, easy and so versatile. What makes it even better, there’s the easiest homemade sauce here. A bit of chopping, opening cans, and measuring out a few spices is all you’ll have to do to have a delicious and really healthy homemade sauce in minutes. Baking it for almost an hour gives the spices and tomatoes time to meld together to give you the deep and delicious flavor of slow cooking a sauce all day long, but with almost zero effort.
Ok, now let’s get to the versatile part. These cheesy chicken tenderloins and tomato sauce will be so delicious over pasta for a traditional take on Chicken Parmesan, or you can place it between two slices of bread or in a baguette for a Chicken Parmesan sandwich, or over a bed of lettuce for a low carb Chicken Parmesan salad. Like I said, so versatile and delicious.
Now the choice is yours, you’re just about an hour of cooking time away from a few delicious dinners.Print
- Cooking Spray
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1 lb. chicken tender breast tenderloins (or slice boneless skinless chicken breasts into strips)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- Spray large baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, celery, carrot, onion and spices to baking dish. Mix together.
- Place chicken tenders on top of sauce, spoon some sauce over chicken so it’s covered.
- Cover with tin foil and cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Uncover foil and slice into largest chicken tenderloin, making sure it’s cooked through and not pink. If it’s cooked through, sprinkle cheese, then breadcrumbs over chicken. Place dish back in oven and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cheese and breadcrumbs are golden brown.