- 36 Oreo cookies (or 3 sleeves)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Oreo sleeve (12-13 cookies)
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Make crust: Mix 3 sleeves of Oreos and butter in food processor. Mix until there are no large cookie chunks. Pour into springform pan, pat down with spatula or your fingers.
- Make cheesecake filling: Mix together cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla with hand or stand mixer. Beat until well incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Break apart 12 Oreos and add to cheesecake filling. Mix until Oreos are well distributed.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust. Place springform pan over baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cheesecake is done when sides pull away from pan. Middle will be a bit wiggly (it won’t be completely set), but that’s fine. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in oven with the door open until cheesecake comes to room temperature.
- Refrigerate and then top with whipped cream and extra crushed Oreos before serving.
- Cream cheese needs to be at room temperature or else it gets lumpy as it’s mixed.
- Make sure to bake cheesecake on top of a cookie sheet or the butter may drip from the springform pan and light your oven’s element on fire.
- If you’re looking for something a little lighter, try Neufchatel cheese. It’s labeled ⅓ reduced fat cream cheese and is honestly indistinguishable from regular cream cheese flavor and texture wise.