- 1 (14 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded and chopped carrots
- ½ cup almond milk
- 3 Tbsp. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Additional dried parsley for garnish (optional)
Sauce on top:
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, place all ingredients and blend. You can work in batches if the food processor seems too full. Most importantly, do not process the mixture too long because the meatloaf still needs some texture.
- Place mixture on the parchment paper and form into a loaf.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- After 35 minutes, spread ketchup on top and then sprinkle with coconut sugar to help the top caramelize. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Garnish with more dried parsley.