This farro salad has Italian flavors and mellow roasted cauliflower. Soooo good!
My favorite way to cook cauliflower is to roast it. It gets a mellow flavor and some sweetness from caramelization. It’s even good cold, which is how it found its way into this farro salad.
In addition to the farro and cauliflower, this salad has some nice Italian flavors, including tomatoes, pine nuts, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and basil.
If you like the idea of this recipe, you should check out our other farro recipes and info about farro in our Farro Series over here. Enjoy!Print
- ½ head of cauliflower
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. coarse black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 cups cooked farro
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish)
- chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Break the cauliflower into small florets (or chop roughly). Put it on a large sheet pan along with the tomatoes and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Stir. Roast for 20 minutes. Scatter with pine nuts. Cook until pine are starting to brown, about 3 more minutes.
- Transfer cauliflower mixture to a large bowl. Add the farro and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir. Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Serve sprinkled with the Parmesan cheese and parsley or basil.