- 1 medium Vidalia onion
- 5 Tbsp. Buffalo Wing Sauce, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1/2 lb. total)
- 2 naan breads (9-inch) or pre-baked pizza crusts
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1 carrot, peeled and then shredded using a potato peeler
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp. ranch dressing
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Trim the ends off of the Vidalia onion and peel it. Slice onion into three thick slices. Keep rings intact. Brush onion slices with 1 tablespoon of the wing sauce.
- Brush each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon of wing sauce.
- Grill the three onion slices and the chicken breasts over direct heat, flipping occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and onion slices are blackened, 12-15 minutes. Do not turn off grill.
- Use the remaining 2 tablespoons of wing sauce to brush the chicken and onions again. Let rest while preparing flatbreads.
- Oil one side of each flatbread with ½ teaspoon of olive oil. Put flatbreads oil side down on the grill. Top each with ¼ cup cheese. Grill just until bottom is starting to brown and cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes.
- Cut each flatbread into 8 wedges and arrange each set of 8 on a plate.
- Slice chicken into ½ inch slices. Separate onions into rings, discarding outer rings if they are very blackened. Top each plate of flatbread wedges with 2 cups of salad greens, half of the carrot, half of the celery, 2 tablespoons of ranch dressing and half of the chicken and onion rings.
Photo courtesy of the Vidalia Onion Committee.