I’ll take my rosé frozen this summer, thank-you-very-much. And you will too once you take a sip of this newest wine craze, The Frosé.
It’s THE drink of this summer, and if you love rosé (is that even a question?!) you’re sure to love Frosé. Rosé is a pink wine that’s made by letting the skin of the grapes soak in the juice for a short period of time, instead of a longer period of time for red wine. Rosé can be made from a wide variety of grapes, so the characteristics and tasting notes can vary greatly.
So what’s Frosé? It’s simply a wine slush made with rosé wine as its base. We found a foolproof method that makes it super easy, but you do need to plan ahead a bit and freeze the wine mixture overnight.
Essentially, we combine a bottle of rosé with a little vodka, some fresh lemon juice and a touch of simple syrup (grab this easy Simple Syrup recipe or jazz it up with Strawberry Simple Syrup) and freeze it overnight until it’s slushy.
When it’s cocktail time, you simply blend the mixture in a high-powered blender (like this one) with frozen strawberries which gives the drink a fruity, sweet flavor and bright pink color. It’s a great excuse to have some girl friends over for brunch.Print
- 1 (750 mL) bottle of rosé, chilled
- ½ cup vodka
- ½ cup Simple Syrup
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice (about one lemon)
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- Lemon slices for garnish
- In a plastic freezer bag, combine rosé, vodka, simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Freeze overnight or until slushy. The alcohol will prevent this from freezing solid.
- Blend slush with frozen strawberries until smooth and serve immediately.
- Garnish with lemon slices.