- 8 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, grated
- ¼ cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest, divided
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 (12-in. long) baguette
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice baguette in half, horizontally. Transfer baguette halves to a sheet pan, cut side up, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together butter, garlic, parsley, 2 tablespoons of the lemon zest, and salt.
- Spread half of the butter mixture over the cut side of each of the baguette halves.
- Place pan in oven. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or bread is crisp and brown around the edges.
- Remove pan from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon of zest evenly over both pieces of baguette. Slice baguette into 2-inch sections before serving.