- 3 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, washed, peeled and diced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 8 cloves garlic
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and ½ tsp. salt
- Fresh chives (optional)
- Place the diced potatoes and garlic cloves in a large pot over medium high heat and pour the chicken broth over the potatoes. The broth should cover the potatoes. If not, add a little water until potatoes are covered about 1 inch.
- Bring the potatoes to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer until the potatoes are cooked through. You should be able to easily stick a fork through the potatoes.
- Drain the potatoes using a colander and and transfer the potatoes and garlic to a bowl.
- Mash the potatoes and garlic then add in the half and half, milk, butter and salt. Mix together then taste and adjust according to your preference.
- Enjoy with fresh chives on top for garnish.