- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- Using a knife, score chicken breasts on one side with hash marks, about ⅛-inch deep and ½-inch apart.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, mustard, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, garlic, salt, oregano, and thyme.
- Add chicken to bowl and submerge in marinade. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, or in the fridge for 2 hours. Redistribute chicken halfway through marinating time.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until chicken registers 160°F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast.
- Remove chicken from grill. Let rest 10 minutes.**
Love this recipe? I’d appreciate it if you could scroll down and add a *5 star rating* to help others know they’ll love it as well!
*If you’d like to only marinate 4 chicken breasts, remove half of the marinade before adding the chicken. The reserved marinade can be frozen for up to three months and used later. It also makes a delicious Greek salad dressing – make a salad and serve the chicken on top!
**While the chicken is resting, you can optionally warm up 1/4 cup of honey in the microwave. Then brush it lightly on the chicken. Let chicken continue to rest. The honey adds a nice bit of sweetness and goes well with the other flavors in the marinade.