- 2 lbs. large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- ¾ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh minced oregano, thyme, or parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut potatoes into quarters, set aside.
- Preheat a 12 or 14-inch oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, swirl to coat. Add potatoes, cut-side down. Sprinkle salt evenly over potatoes. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown.
- Flip potatoes so browned sides are facing up. Add chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Place pan in oven. Bake 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together lemon zest, garlic, and fresh herbs and set aside.
- Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle lemon zest mixture over potatoes, toss to coat. Serve warm.
- If you don’t have fresh herbs, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano or thyme can be used instead.
- Find the largest Yukon Gold potatoes you can – it’s not easy peeling little ones. Yes, they need to be peeled; it helps the potato absorb flavor.