- 12 slices of bread
- butter-flavored cooking spray (or softened butter)
- 1 and ½ cups finely shredded cheese
- Set up broiler so that the rack is 7-8 inches from the heat source.
- Put the bread on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Spray the bread with cooking spray (you can absolutely use softened butter spread onto the bread instead. The spray is just faster). Put the pan of bread under the broiler until toasted.
- Flip the bread slices over. Top each slice of bread with shredded cheese, spreading it around to cover the bread. Return pan to under the broiler until the cheese melts.
- Top cheese with additional slices of bread. Spray tops of bread with cooking spray. Put it back under the broiler until toasted.
- Cut sandwiches in half. Serve!